Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back on track! Lumber-jack workout and more!


So I have neglected my blogging a little the past few days. But most importantly, I have not let up on the nutrition and exercise. After a few ups and downs last week, Terry tried to bring me back into gear with what he called “the lumber-jack workout.” He had me throwing around a 55lb-boxing bag. It’s cumbersome to say the least. I was flipping, juggling, lifting, pressing, throwing, and squeezing that thing. Interlaced with some swinging of a sledge hammer and I was pumped up! It was a fun workout for sure and I felt like I shook off a couple of bad days. At that time I decided to delay my weekend of green smoothies for next, as I wanted to have a solid week before it. I knew I had Russ this week and that meant 5:30am starts; so my days have a good early start!
Russ did not disappoint. We kicked off Monday morning with a predominantly chest and shoulders circuit. It’s amazing what those extra reps will do for you, and with a spotter, encourager and dictator (ha) I know every workout I push harder. Russ did a good mix of low and high weights so I could really feel the burn. We always hit the pool after and it’s a great way to unwind, stretch and get a little extra cardio. On Tuesday we met for a run at the green way in our neighborhood. It was at this time I realized in almost 6 weeks of training I had not been on one run! It occurred to me how many people don’t like to exercise, or try to lose weight, because they think they have to run a lot to do so. Its not true – come work out with these guys; you will see even better results! Then Wednesday Russ put me through my paces, running stairs and laps. Then outside into the humid, Tennessee heat. He pushed me through some super hard circuit work on the benches in the fields. It always feels so great to dip and jut and sprint around. Leaping over things and feeling every muscle work, dripping in sweat and always trying to catch my breath. It feels like being a kid again!
It’s been a great turnaround since my last post. I have been sticking to a strict diet this week. Terry told me to stick to phase 1 of the makers diet list of foods. This is in preparation for the weekend of green smoothies ahead. I am also going to be taking Russ' class STRABS this evening so look for my post on that tomorrow. Check it out HERE.. why not come with me!

1 comment:

  1. excellent work mark! sounds like a lot of hard work, but GOOD hard work! you must be feeling pretty positive - well done you! x

    ReplyDelete