Friday, July 15, 2011

Finding Balance - Shake off the dust!

The first 4-weeks I felt went pretty smoothly. I did not plan much else and just focused on finding a rhythm. I have always been pretty “all or nothing” so throwing myself in headfirst is not uncommon or that difficult for me. This week however has thrown up some different challenges. I have had two days in a row of travel, eating out and late nights. Also both nights I had caffeine at midnight to help me stay the course. Today is the day after this lull and I am fighting the feeling of failure. Now I did manage to go to the gym early and I managed one meal a day that was pretty good nutritionally. But I am finding it hard to shake off this feeling of being off track. And this I know is a good challenge to go through. Life is going to throw up inconsistencies, I just need to learn to be ok with it and ready to get back on track.
So today I am back with Terry, I had a light healthy breakfast and lunch and am excited to get back to eating well, sleeping well and working out well. I guess the speed of recovery in these situations is in itself a part of the learning process. And having this team of people to do the journey with makes it so much easier. Also it’s important to learn to enjoy the moments of being out late for fun, maybe eating something naughty or having an extra beer. Its going to be ok to do those things once in a while, and it will be easier to do so when I have proven to myself I can find the balance to go back to my new healthy lifestyle – it is for LIFE this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment