Monday, July 25, 2011

Green Smoothie Weekend - The Reset Button




So this weekend marked the half way point in the 12 Weeks 2 Life program AND the crunch point in the nutrition course. A two-day period of ONLY green smoothies as prescribed by Terry. This recipe has kale, avocado, banana, berries, spinach and either some kefir or coconut water. It’s actually a pretty hefty thing to consume; I did not really feel hungry, but its still def a challenge. I personally do well with fasting and strict nutrition (for periods of time) so when this morning came I decided to roll one more smoothie and then just a very easy day of vegetarian diet. Terry explains this smoothie fast as a reset button for the body and I feel GREAT for it. I am dead on for my expected weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week, at 6 weeks and exactly 12 pounds down.
I had a killer workout with Ashley today and I am seeing a good improvement in fitness. I came back and had lettuce spinach and boiled egg and frankly, food never tasted so good!

This week I am going to highlight some of the classes offered at Life Fitness Academy each week. They are high quality workouts and for those who need a good routine, this is a great way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment