Friday, July 8, 2011

Terry turns up the heat & sends me to Boot Camp Class with Ashley!


So this week I began with Terry – I am a little nervous each time I start a new trainer. I know Terry so I know he gives it all 110%. But I am impressed by the communication between trainers and each time they know where I am at as far as levels, weights etc. Terry certainly knew his stuff and had me using a lot of body weight to really bring a good burn to each set of exercises. There were tractor tires, sledgehammers, indoor, outdoors, and weights – the full gamut as I have come to expect. I have done two workouts with him so far and have another today – wish me luck!
Terry also decided I needed to refine my nutrition for a few days of high greens and veggies and little to no meat. I can say it has really shown a benefit to my digestion. I was also told that instead of my usual between days of jogging and swimming I should hit some of the classes (gulp) I agreed.

Boot Camp Class - Ashley
So on what used to be my off day – I show up to the LFA gym to go through a boot camp class. There were a few other folks doing the class too, and all of varying fitness levels. Ashley took us through a merciless set of moves that were great as they could be modified according to your own level. These would do the trick if this was your first workout or you’re an Adonis. It’s a fun experience working out in these groups; there are a few laughs and some comradery to ease the pain. But also the encouragement of a group to keep you motivated. 
I especially liked to see when one lady who had picked up an injury could not do a certain exercise but was still keen to work the same muscles. Ashley helped her modify a different move while the rest of us pressed on. It was great to see the determination of our fellow boot class members and the professionalism of Ashley. By the end of the class we all shared a satisfied smile of completion and I know I could feel I had been through another full body workout! This is a GREAT after work class – I highly recommend it!

I am about to hit the 4-week mark and only 1/3 of my way through the 12 Weeks 2 Life program. It is certainly working, it does take commitment and effort, but with a team like this behind you; it’s made much, much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment