Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why I needed a personal trainer and why we all need one.


I began this journey with the team at Life Fitness Academy just a few weeks ago. We called it 12 Weeks 2 Life and already I can see that “life” coming back into me. But what has become more and more apparent to me in these past three weeks is just how much I have benefited from having a trainer. I am just going to go through some of my observations so far.
I have mentioned this before but it’s certainly worthy of repeating. In fifteen different sessions with four different trainers I have maybe seen three or four exercises repeated. The constant variations and changes in the workouts keep my mind interested and my body working. The incredible thing is that after each one, my whole body has been worked. We all think we will mix up our training on our own, but I am sure we can all attest to the fact that we find a comfort zone and stick to it. The other unexpected result is just how much more I put in when being encouraged and just being watched. I would say I would get about 25% extra each time. Lets face it; it’s much easier to duck out of that last set of reps when no one else knows. I can attest that I am seeing far different results and staying more focused when I have a team behind me.
This brings me to the idea of having people on this journey with you. I know that I have a group of people who want to see me succeed and are monitoring my results. It’s a type of accountability partner but instead of being heavy on the guilt its more an encouragement from a group of people who passionately believe in a healthy, active lifestyle. Its also surprised me just how many times I have had questions concerning the form in my exercises, how often to do things, stretching and nutrition! I must ask these guys ten questions a day!
So on the days I have wanted to delay my workout (read: don’t do workout) Or when I have been a little lackluster in energy, or when almost wavered on my lunch decision, or when I tried to lift that heavy weight with my back in danger of snapping or simply for that yell of encouragement to push me through on my last few reps. Each time I have realized how valuable it has been to have a trainer with me. If you are serious about getting back into shape and changing toward a all around healthy lifestyle, I would say a trainer, nutritionist and family-like support team like you get at LFA – is a must! CONTACT THEM HERE

It’s worth noting that they will work a system suited to your specific needs, so don’t hesitate to call up and just talk through what they can do for you! I already feel like a new man! Phone: 615-562-2633

1 comment: