Monday, June 13, 2011

The Beginning of '12 Weeks 2 Life'

Two weeks ago I approached the team at Life Academy Fitness with a challenge. That challenge was me. I had managed to reach the heaviest and most out of shape, i had been in my 30-years of living. I had a laundry list of excuses, but i knew they should not prevent me from being healthy. So yes i have a job, two kids, a big house to maintain and not to mention a strong affinity for beer. I have always fluctuated in levels of fitness, i have never used a personal trainer, and i have been pretty sure i did not need one. But somehow that inconsistency and my self-assured ability to do this alone did not seem to add up any longer. So i went to Terry, the owner and head trainer at L.F.A. to ask if he thought in 12 weeks he could not only turn my health, habits and fitness around, but set me up for this change for life. He looked me up and down nervously (not really - that's for dramatic effect) He jumped on it excitedly! And thus was born the "12 Weeks 2 Life" experiment.

I have agreed to follow all instruction on exercise and nutrition. I will be working with as many of the L.F.A team as possible and using their classes and facilities to experience as much as i can. I will try to be as honest as i can and to give an insight into the journey. I am extremely excited to begin, i am nervous about what is ahead but i am very ready to be healthy again!

Over the next 12 weeks i will be photographing myself and some of the foods and workouts along the way. I will write blogs about my days and i will also be monitoring changes in 7 main areas:

1. Mood
2. Energy
3. Sleep
4. Joints/pain
5. weight
6. Stress
7. Digestion

Tonight is my first session with Clay. I will be posting my "before" photograph tonight and giving a run down of Day 1 on my 12 week journey - I look forward to sharing it with you all!

If any of this has resonated with you be sure to contact any of the team at L.F.A. they will be ready to encourage and support you on your journey to improved health.  http://www.lifefitness-academy.com/

Mark aka The Guinea Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment