Thursday, June 23, 2011

A morning at the park with Russ - ha i wish!


Yesterday was my second session with Russell and half way through week two. First of all, I can’t explain how much better I feel already! There are still aches and pains and I am still at a very low fitness level, but I am seeing results and feeling good levels of improved mood and energy! Go see the guys at Life Fitness Academy and get your 12 weeks 2 Life started!
So Russ asked me if I was alright meeting him at our local green-way/park for our workout. I love being outdoors and the weather is great, so I jumped at it. Plus I was intrigued to see what he had up his sleeve. So at 530am we took a deep breath of fresh air and then using the park and trees went through a new set of interval style moves. Again emphasizing the use of body-weight exercises. Russ reiterates this and its importance, especially in the beginning stages. “It builds the stabilizer muscles that will help you achieve power and strength. This will really help avoid poor technique and avoid injury.” And of course they are all making me sweat my ass off!! By the end of the session my muscles burn, my legs are jelly and I look like I have taken a shower fully clothed. But I feel amazing.
As I sit on the bench, glad its over J Russ pulls out a recovery smoothie for me. It was full of berries, mango, banana, kale, spinach, egg and flax-seed. It was delicious. As I drank that he talked through my nutrition questions and offered some of his own advice and experience. We discussed portion sizes, regularity of meals and the types of foods to be eating and avoiding. By the end of that I felt the smoothie give me a renewed energy so I spent another hour split between walking on an incline and swimming. It was a great start to my day and a fun workout and nice to be outside to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment