Friday, June 17, 2011

Days 3,4 & 5 - Clay the punisher! (haha - not really)

So after my night of sweats and sickness I turned up for my second workout with Clay. He had a different routine for me, using a set of movements and exercises in a similar circuit format. It’s amazing how tired I get so quickly. I know this is of course due to my low level of fitness. But it is also evident that this style of workout hits hard, in the right way. I am doing strength work, cardio and fat burning, in short high impact workouts. Today is day 5 and it was the same story. New moves but with the same result: a tired, sweaty but happy, me. I have definitely felt every muscle in my body being worked and triggered this week. I have been limited by my poor fitness but i am definitely feeling an immediate difference. I have been sticking to the nutrition list i have been given and am finding it easy to make meals and they taste good!
These first weeks can really be a frustrating time for people coming back from a long break from exercise. I can’t help but think it sucks that I can easily remember me much further along the road than I am today. But I am totally focused on the end results and each day i tell myself this will be the last time I let myself lull. This IS the beginning of a new, lifelong lifestyle. I'm really thankful to Clay; he was supportive and encouraging when needed and conscientious of my own levels and knowing where to push and where to guide me back from hurting myself. I’m aching and sore but it feels great. A nice reminder that there are some muscles under there and they want to be used! I have the weekend to walk a lot, which I will be wheeling my two boys around, and then starting Monday I will be beginning my week with Russell Hickman.

No comments:

Post a Comment