Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ashley kickin my gluteus maximus!

So I started week 3 with Ashley on Monday. Each week the trainers had been in contact with each other to update them on my progress, what I had been doing and anything else they should know. Its super professional and allows us to get straight to business. And that is exactly what happened. After a warm up on the rower, we went outside. I see a tall staircase and a huge tractor tire. I should also add that its hot, Tennessee hot. Ashley explains how she likes to do routines of essentially hard sprint type movements and then some motions that keep you moving but allow rest.
Before I know it I am running up and down stairs and flipping tires. The different versions of stair climbing and some dips. There was sweat literally pouring off me! We continued combinations of this and after a move that I was sure was going to make my gluteus maximus explode we moved inside. Ashley put me through my paces, lunging dipping, curling, and more. By then end I good lift no more muscles. The team here always assists you with stretching and I am really starting to see how great that is.
I discussed briefly nutrition and as I was already in the groove, Ashley suggested I keep a food diary to see if there is anything on there that I think is ok, that isn’t. I thought that was a great idea! It was a great workout and I’m looking forward to Wednesday.
Just as a side note, its also apparent to me, the more I do and the more I progress the more fun this all becomes! Its just a matter of taking that first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment