Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 1 Nutrition & Workout (with Clay)

I met with Clay this evening for our first session. We spent sometime discussing what i currently eat, drink and take in as far as medications etc. I told him i am erratic with my foods but can be extremely healthy and also quite unhealthy. I do not take any medications. We also discussed vitamins and probiotics. Clay gave me a list of foods on varying lists - these tell me what i can eat. Clay is beginning to wean me down to a 3-day green smoothie fast, which they call the reset. Then they intend to build me back up from there. I need to get better vitamins and start taking some probiotics. Clay also personally thought removing grains for me might help with my intended fat loss so we are going to explore that. I could tell Clay not only knew his stuff, but was also genuinely excited about it and sharing it.We also took all my measurements to see where i am now.

Height: 5,8"
Weight: 204 lbs
Body Fat: 23.6
BMI: 30.4

We then wasted no time and moved to the gym. In the past when i wanted to cut some weight i would run, run and run some more. It eventually worked, but i was never left with a great over all muscle tone. The workout i just did to begin the fat burning process was light years away from a jog around the park. Clay took me through a set of 10 different exercises that i did back to back for one minute, doing as many reps as possible. The moves were a combinations of squats, thrusts, lifts, and generally full body movements that seemed to trigger every muscle in me. It was hard, but doable and Clay encouraged but also made me feel comfortable to go at my pace. I managed to do the first set and only began to feel nauseous about 3/4 of the way through it. The second way through i lowered my weights i was using and pushed through to almost the end. I was a sweaty, burning, happy mess by the end. I knew that this was the kind of workout i would not do on my own. I could tell it is what i needed. I was triggering so many more muscle groups and obviously burning calories like no run i had done before.

My legs now burn and my body is adjusting to working out again. Clay told me to try and get in some good walks on the days off and i think my body will be glad for that today. I am now going to post my Day 1 picture and also mark on my list of 7 key points:

1. Mood - overall im good, excited about this change. But i do have problems with consistency of mood.
2. Energy - Im pretty sluggish most of the time.
3. Sleep - I sleep on and off ok - i do have a baby and a toddler though. I do think i get tired from fatigue rather than exertion.
4. Joints/pain - I have neck and shoulder pain regularly. I would also say ankles sometimes and i had a hip disease when i was young and have occasional issue with it. I will be interested to see how this is effected.
5. Weight - Well at 202lbs this is by far the heaviest i have been. I look forward to doing all i can to start dropping this.
6. Stress - I would say i feel a fair amount of stress. I am coming into a more upbeat time in my life so that mixed with this new start with LFA is certainly helping. I think again i am hoping for a more steady control of stress and energy.
7. Digestion - My digestion has always been erratic and frankly thats irritating to me. I am really hoping to see improvement here.

No comments:

Post a Comment