Monday, June 20, 2011

R&R – “Its ok to enjoy yourself!”

So after my workout Friday with Clay, he charged me with taking good walks over the weekend. That night I had planned to have dinner at my house with a bunch of friends. Some of them are the LFA crew. It seemed a great opportunity see if we could eat a healthy balanced meal and it still be delicious! I would say we knocked it out of the park, and everyone brought something to offer. We had a feast of salmon, chicken, peppers, cauliflower, carrots and quinoa. And with a decedent coconut macaroon at the end – I know it was healthy as the Bargas made it, but it certainly didn’t taste like health food! It was great to enjoy a meal with friends and to not have that bloated, lethargic feeling at the end. Eating better is more enjoyable; we just have to remind ourselves of that once in a while. And having a good group of friends that support a healthy lifestyle makes it all the more enjoyable!
The weekend was good; I could definitely feel some strains in my chest and hamstrings. So I took a long walk Saturday. Sunday I hit the gym and walked on an incline for one-hour then about 30 mins in the pool to stretch out my chest, and really, a great full body stretch.
I called in to Russ on Sunday to see what he had in mind for schedule. It was not what I wanted to hear! J

No comments:

Post a Comment