Monday, June 27, 2011

Russ has a last minute suprise!


So on Friday I had my third session with Russ. He pushed me through some more familiar moves focusing on push up and abdominal work, except with some great new variations that really worked to focus on specific areas. He liked to use the half shell medicine ball to work on stabilizers the whole time. It really caused me to use my core and again I felt my whole body being worked. Its great to have someone to really keep an eye on form, which I know is so important and when solo you never really know how you are doing. Then just as I thought we were done, he said “just one thing in the gym then the pool.” Well that one thing was suicide runs! Russ put me through my paces and when we reached round 3 he put the clock back on me, which really did make me push myself. I was exhausted. We hit the pool and its amazing how it makes you feel instantly energized. It had been a great week!
I continue to walk/jog/bike/swim on my days off. Nothing too crazy to ease my body into this and so I can give as much as possible on my sessions with the trainers. That’s where I am getting most. I am starting with Ashley on Monday and I’m excited (read: nervous) to see what she has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment