Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 2 - struggling.

So Day 2 almost threw a spanner in the works right away. I woke up with a very sore throat and drainage. My body also felt like it had been used as a trampoline for a hoard of angry toddlers. I knew I was going to feel the workout, but I could not distinguish what was that and what was the ache of sickness. I ate a good breakfast of 4 eggs and lots of water and pushed on. I figured I should go right ahead and get the vitamins and probiotics that Clay had recommended. For the sake of ease they sell them at the gym, so that's nice, that way you can be sure you are getting the right thing. As the day continued I could really start to feel the aches in my thighs and back. But my neck and shoulders ached and i felt that was sickness.
I was determined that I would not be thrown off. I went to the grocery store to build my arsenal of super foods. As I strolled through I checked in with Clay who was more than happy to advise on some of my choices. I went away with a cart full of fruits like, strawberry's, blueberries, pineapple and grapefruits as well as bundles of spinach and lettuce. I picked up some wild caught sockeye salmon and some steaks. Clay had suggested walking as much as possible on the days between our meetings. So i had called my wife and told her to strap in the boys for a stroll around the neighborhood. It was a great idea and I could feel my muscles start to stretch out and feel better. After we got back I could feel my sickness really starting to heighten. I cooked some steaks and ate a steak salad. Then had a super hot shower to try and ease the muscles and burn out the looming illness. However as I sat on the couch I could feel the chills. Honestly mixed with the muscle pain from the workout I felt pretty terrible. I put on some thermals, told myself to think positively and went to bed to let this thing ride out. It was a rough night and I had to keep telling myself I was not going to let this happen now. And by this morning I felt considerably better! Another hot, hot shower, a freshly squeezed grapefruit and four eggs cooked in coconut oil and I feel back on track!
Now my muscles do still ache and I will be taking walks throughout the day to prevent stiffness. I will probably take it a little easy tonight with Clay to try and prevent a relapse. But I really, really want to do this right and to get healthy. I don’t know what was the most effective thing that helped, but the one very noticeable effect was the change I felt when I changed my own attitude. I will have to remember that tonight when Clay is putting me through my paces!
On to day 3 - and my second workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment